Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more
If God has gifted you with musical talent, do everything you can to maximize your gifts for the glory of God.
- Acknowledge that your musical gifts are from God. 1 Peter 4:10-11
- Make a commitment to develop your gifts through practice.
- Guard against pride as you grow in skill and influence. Luke 18:14
Luke 12:48 When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
See Also: Worship Teams
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What gifts do you feel like God has gifted you with? How can you use your gifts for God’s glory?
- Read Matthew 25:14-30. How does this passage relate to serving on a worship team?
- What does it mean to have a servant’s heart? How can having a servant’s heart help you on a worship team?
- Describe something you have worked hard at to improve. Has it been worth the work?
- Why is it important to put forth your full effort on a worship team?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:7. In what ways can you help others grow on your worship team?
- How does our view of God determine how we invest in our gift?
- Do you believe God wants you to enjoy the gifts and abilities he’s given you? Why or why not?
- What does it mean to be teachable? What is your response to someone when they offer you help/correction?
- What are a few practical ways you can cultivate humility in your own life?
- How might using your unique gifts for God’s glory help build God’s kingdom?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Worship Training series.
Jump to Questions