Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more
It’s not enough to simply sing songs and hope people sing along. We must worship authentically.
- Authentic worship begins with recognizing our brokenness apart from God’s grace. Psalm 51:17
- Authentic worship means cultivating a lifestyle of worship, both on and off stage. Hebrews 12:1-2
- Authentic worship is infused with both joy and passion, no matter what’s going on in our lives. Philippians 4:4
John 4:24 For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.
See Also: Worship Teams
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What does authenticity mean to you? How does this relate to being on a worship team?
- In your own words, describe what a worshipper’s heart looks like.
- How might you grow in developing a worshipper’s heart?
- Do you carve out time in your week to spend “leading yourself in worship?” Why or why not?
- What is the most important thing God looks at when we worship him? Why?
- What are some ways we can practically lead on and off the stage?
- What are some things you can do to maximize your positive influence on others while serving on a worship team?
- Read Philippians 4:4. Why is it important to convey joy? How do you convey joy when you aren’t feeling joyful?
- What do you think contributes to passion in your life and walk with God? Why is passion an important part of the Christian life as well as being a worship leader?
- Do you live every day with eternity in mind or mostly focused on the here and now? After going through this training, what, if anything, would you like to change about your eternal focus?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Worship Training series.