Many people may have different expectations and ideas for how the worship team members should dress and act to even be up on stage. So, where do we draw the line?
- Guidelines are an objective resource that hold people accountable to a biblical standard and help the team pursue God together and minister to others.
- God wants us to set an example in every aspect of our lives and live above reproach as leaders.
- How your worship team dresses on stage impacts people in your church and affects your services.
1 Timothy 4:12 … set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
See Also: Worship Teams
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Why do you think it is important to have worship team guidelines?
- Read Romans 14:13. Explain how this verse can be applied to how you dress on-stage.
- If you had to make dress guidelines, explain what you would and wouldn’t allow.
- What are the pros and cons of having a social media account?
- Read 1 Timothy 4:12. Out of the five things Paul lists, which one do you personally struggle with the most? Why?
- Would you add any other guidelines to this list? If so, what are they?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation
This is part of the Worship Training series.