The relational health of your worship team affects everything you try to accomplish together. If something is out of sync, the whole team will suffer. What are the most important things to do to have a healthy worship team? Here a few tips to follow that can help you develop the team that you’ve always wanted:
The first and best thing you can do for your team is to model intentionality with God. All other intentionality stems from this place. If you want your team to build good relationships with each other, it must start with God.
If you’re not great at building relationships yet, acknowledge that and keep moving forward. Own up to areas you can grow in as a leader. The more real you are with your team, the more you will free them up to be themselves. This will lead them to being more real with each other.
Know your team
It’s perhaps a bit cliche but also true: people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. The more you build relationships within your team, the more solid of a team you will have. Remember to respect your team members for who they are, not just for what they can deliver.
Don’t wait for something to go wrong on the team to check in and see how someone is doing. Make it a regular practice to check in with the members of your team to ensure they are doing well. If there is a roadblock in one of your team members life, it will affect the whole team until it is dealt with. Know which issue you can successfully address yourself and when you should call for help from someone with more experience or skills than you.
- Invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this article? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Remember back to a person who had a positive influence on your life. How did intentionality influence the way they interacted with you or others?
- Are you good at being real? What is one thing you could do right now to become more real with those around you?
- How well would you say you know your friends? How well would you say you know your worship team?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.