Listen to the audio above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- We measure what matters. If we don’t keep track, mentors might not take mentoring seriously.
- Churches measure attendance, serving, giving. If your church doesn’t measure disciple-making, you’re tacitly saying that disciple-making doesn’t matter. Talking about it with your staff reinforces mentoring’s importance in your church’s culture.
- Tracking gives your staff a simple way to follow-up with people in your ministry.
- When a new milestone is reached, have someone reach out to provide encouragement, prayer, and more training if needed. Celebrate the milestones. We show what matters by recognizing and celebrating.
- Prayerfully consider which milestones you want to track. Build it into your partner page and into the culture of your church.
Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”