Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
Jesus expect our churches to be about making disciple makers. But sometimes we can’t get out of our own way.
- There’s an irresistible urge for institutions to make it about themselves.
- Healthy institutions make producers, not just consumers. We call that going “full circle.”
- The mission of the church is to go beyond the institution and into the world. (John 15:1-16.)
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What is the mission of your institution?
- Share an example of when your institution (church, group, etc.) lost its focus and started competing with its mission.
- How many “producers” (disciple-makers) are actively involved in your institution? How many staff members are producers?
- How do you measure disciple-making in your institution? How do you track it?
- Read John 15:16. Do you agree that the mission is to go beyond the institution and into the world? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.