Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more
Sometimes a member of a small group will drop a shocking, major bombshell on the group. There is no way to prepare in advance for a shock you don't know is coming, but if you are flexible, your group can rise to the occasion to be used by God. Here's how.
- Be flexible.
- Stop and pray.
- Be careful about what you say.
- After the meeting, follow up.
- Coach the group.
Galatians 6:2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
See Also: Emotional Health
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What kind of “bombshells” have you seen come up in small groups? What happened?
- Why is it important for the leaders and the group members to follow up in the days and weeks after the bombshell has been dropped?
- Read Galatians 6:2. What are some principles and behaviors that you may have to coach your group to embrace when someone drops a bombshell?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.