So your church finally has a pipeline of mentors waiting in the wings to take a handoff. But what if the handoff fails?
- Handoffs aren’t always going to work. Expect some measure of failure.
- Even if handoffs aren’t working, keep meeting with your team of mentors. Train, practice, pray, and encourage.
- In the meantime, encourage everyone to mentor at home (using the PG tools). Staff members must also commit to this.
- What jumped out at you in this topic?
- Share an example of when a handoff failed. What happened? Is there anything you could have done differently to make it successful?
- Why do you think some people get cold feet after asking for a mentor? Make a list of reasons.
- How will you stay in touch with your “pipeline” of mentors for training, prayer, and encouragement?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
Find this topic in Pastors.