Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- It is difficult when professing Christians choose to embrace same-sex attraction. We still love them, but oftentimes, they respond that if we really love them, we will validate their choice to pursue same-sex romantic relationships.
- God constantly restrains sin and protects the world from all forms of evil, but he may also cease restraining sin when a person has reached the point of judgement by willfully choosing to move forward regardless of what God has said.
- When this happens, God ceases to restrain sin. Passions take control. They become our “god.” These passions feel very liberating.
- Passions are “dishonorable.” They turn us away from the good things God has for us and they turn friends into enemies. Even if we love and care for friends who embrace a same-sex lifestyle, if they feel judged or unloved, we are sadly unable to reach them because they have predetermined that only those who validate their choices really love them.
- We may have to pay a price for showing truth in love to those we care for who claim to follow Jesus yet choose to embrace in same-sex romances.
Romans 1:26-28 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.