Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more
Healthy student ministries have on ramps for newcomers to youth group. Here are the four main options.
The Four Gateways:
- Big Group
- Student Groups
Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.
See Also: Student Ministry
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Read Luke 19:10. Why is a gateway experience important for youth? What is it a gateway to?
- What does your church use as its gateway for new students?
- What kind of presence does your youth ministry have at the church’s weekend services?
- How many student groups do you have at your church right now? How welcoming are they for new students?
- How do you need to improve your youth gateway to serve the needs of new students?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Student Ministry 101 series.