Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel discuss what they wish they knew about leadership when they were first starting out.
- Work toward doing only what you can do.
- The sooner you find your sweet spot, the better the leader you will be.
- God cares more about his church than you do, so relax.
- Ministry is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Have more faith in God.
- Journal stories earlier.
Ephesians 1:22 God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church.
See Also: Pastoral Ministry
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Share the many hats that you have had to wear in ministry.
- What gets in the way of you finding your “sweet spot”?
- Read Ephesians 1:22 and 5:25 and share how these verses could help you relax more in ministry.
- Hebrews 12:1 talks about running the race with endurance. What is your natural ministry running pace and how can you adjust it so that you can finish the race?
- Read Luke 8:22-25 and share in what areas you tend to lack faith in God.
- After reading Psalm 77:11 share some of the wonderful ways God has shown up in your life.
- Looking back, what is one lesson you have learned that you could share with others.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This topic is adapted from the Catalyst Leader YouTube channel.