- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Jesus described the fake maturity of the Pharisees in Matthew 23:5-7. Do we still have people like that today? Explain.
- Make a list of some of the ways you (or others you know) have defined Christian “maturity” in the past.
- What does “trusting Jesus” look like for a new believer? What does it look like for a veteran Christian who is going through a trial? In your own life, when was it hardest for you to trust Jesus?
- Many outwardly religious people struggle to honor God privately in their everyday choices. Why do you think that is? Has it ever happened to you?
- Articulate the third truth of Foundations. Why do so many veteran Christians fail to make disciples? What do you think Jesus would say to them today?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.