Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
If you want to teach the using the free Sermonlink sermons from pursueGOD.org, you’ll need to get our simple disciple-making philosophy of ministry.
- The ultimate win is to help people pursue God. We want to help people trust Jesus, live a life that honors him, and ultimately win by helping even more people do this.
- The preaching win is to empower conversations. Ministry is when people speak the truth in love. In a sermon, it is hard to speak the truth in love in a way that is relational because it is difficult to customize the message for every person.
- The prerequisite for preaching is going full circle. You can’t lead someone to where you haven’t been.
We don’t want to just preach a sermon, we want to also empower a culture of discipleship throughout the church.
See Also: Preaching
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- When you preach, what is the “win” you typically envision? What is the “ultimate win” according to the video? How do these to visions align or compete?
- Identify the three primary contexts (or environments) in your church where conversations can be empowered through your sermon. Who are the “shepherds” in those smaller contexts? Give an example of how your preaching can catalyze great conversations in one of those contexts.
- What motivates you to want to teach? Make a list, and be brutally honest. Talk about it with your trainer.
- Why is it important for you to be actively mentoring someone using the PG resources? Make a list of the people you are mentoring with this method.
- Read Titus 1:5-9. Make a list of the biblical qualifications of an elder. How do you measure up?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.