Creating a mentoring culture in your church takes time – and a simple understanding of two questions.
- A discipleship culture is one where everyone is going “full circle” – trusting Jesus, honoring God, and helping others through mentoring.
- The simple tools at pursueGOD.org make this kind of discipleship a reality, but it requires “buy in” from everyone – starting with the top ministry leaders.
- The two most basic questions for assessing a PG discipleship culture in your ministry are (1) who are you mentoring? and (2) what topics are you covering?
A mentoring culture doesn’t happen over night; it takes discipline and buy in from everyone in the organization. Ask these two questions early and often to make sure your ministry is headed in the direction Jesus envisioned all along.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Who are YOU mentoring right now? What topics from our library are you covering?
- How do you think those two questions will impact your church or ministry team? How long will it take to see the impact?
- Do you believe the tools online can help discipleship go viral in your church? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.