Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
A great small group will be invitational, but it doesn't happen by accident. Its leadership team must be intentional about helping the group reach out to people who aren't there yet.
- It starts with the leaders.
- Remind people why the group exists.
- Brainstorm people to invite.
- Prayer for the people who aren’t there yet.
- Plan invitational events.
- Train people what to say.
- Always be ready for guests to show up.
- Be patient.
A healthy small group is intentional about inviting others to join.
See Also: Series for Small Groups
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you believe a truly healthy small group must be invitational? Why or why not?
- What happens in the dynamics of a group as people lose the vision to invite others?
- Brainstorm some invitational events a small group could organize.
- What are some factors that make it hard to invite people to join a group? How would you address these challenges?
- How would you invite a church attender differently from a non-church attender?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.