A personal action step is a specific, actionable item that comes out of a conversation you’ve had with your group, family, or mentor. Here are a few tips on action steps:
Tip #1: Keep it simple.
A lot of times your personal action step is as simple as changing a habit or reading a verse. Action steps don’t have to be elaborate or detailed.
Tip #2: Make it clear.
Be sure to clarify your action step(s) so you know exactly what you intend to do moving forward. Write it down.
Tip #3: Be accountable.
Tell your group or mentor what your action step is. Then follow up on it next week. The idea is to be a doer of the Word, not just a hearer.
Tip #4: Take responsibility.
At the end of the day, remember that no one can pursue God for you. Take ownership of your faith. Get in the habit of acting on every conversation.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What are some action steps that you have taken based on some of the topics in our library? Share a few.
- Do you journal on topics or when you read the Bible? What are the benefits of keeping a journal for yourself?
- Read Jeremiah 29:13. Do you agree that your pursuit of God is up to you? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.