Praise and worship is powerful. In this article we'll check out just a few of the effects worship has in our lives.
- Praise is the a gateway into God’s presence through the inner working of the Holy Spirit
- No matter our circumstances, thanksgiving precedes all heartfelt praise and worship.
- Peace results from turning our eyes to Jesus and thanking him for his work in our lives.
- Praise and worship brings freedom in our lives and connect us to the truth: Jesus.
- We were created to live lives of praise and worship that lead us into action and attracts others to the life and love of Christ in us.
Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.
See Also: Worship Teams
Talk About It
- Invite someone to summarize the topic.
- How good are you at praising God no matter what circumstances you are facing?
- Have you ever been tempted to worship God for the good things it might bring in your life? If so, how is this missing the point of worship?
- What does the peace of God look like to you? How does worship relate to this?
- How does praise and worship bring freedom in our lives?
- In what ways might worship motivate us to action?
- How does worshipping God relate to being a welcoming person others want to talk to in order to know Jesus the way you do?
- Takeaway: Write an action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Worship Training series.
Jump to Questions