If you’ve gone through Teacher Training and you’d like to move toward teaching from the pulpit at your church (using our resources), try these simple next steps:
- Practice with the talking points at small group.
- Practice with the talking points at church.
- Record a practice sermon video. (The simplest way is to record it on your phone, upload it directly to your own YouTube channel, and share the link with your trainer.)
- When you’re ready, start small.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Choose a recent series from the sermonlink collection. Browse the lesson resources available for each sermon and talk about how to use them in your teaching prep.
- Have you ever practiced with talking points in a small group setting? How did you do? Does it come naturally to you? Why or why not?
- What are the training benefits of following along with the talking points as you listen to someone else’s sermon?
- Talk about how to record a practice sermon.
- Talk about some of the opportunities to “start small” at your church.
- Schedule a monthly assessment meeting with your trainer to get clear feedback on your progress. Use the teacher feedback form for evaluation.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.