Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
If you’ve gone through teacher training and you’d like to move toward teaching from the pulpit at your church (using our resources), try these simple next steps.
- Practice with the talking points at small group.
- Practice with the talking points at church.
- Record a practice sermon video. (The simplest way is to record it on your phone, upload it directly to your own YouTube channel, and share the link with your trainer.)
- When you’re ready, start small.
2 Timothy 4:2 (NIV) Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.
See Also: Preaching
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Choose a recent series from the sermonlink collection. Browse the lesson resources available for each sermon and talk about how to use them in your teaching prep.
- Have you ever practiced with talking points in a small group setting? How did you do? Does it come naturally to you? Why or why not?
- What are the training benefits of following along with the talking points as you listen to someone else’s sermon?
- Talk about how to record a practice sermon.
- Talk about some of the opportunities to “start small” at your church.
- Schedule a monthly assessment meeting with your trainer to get clear feedback on your progress. Use the teacher feedback form for evaluation.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.