Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
Whether you're a student or an adult, answering these three questions honestly will tell you whether you're ready to lead a student group.
- Do you love people? Matthew 22:37-38
- Have you trusted Jesus for salvation? Romans 3:22
- Are you honoring God in your lifestyle? 2 Corinthians 7:10
2 Corinthians 7:10 For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.
See Also: Student Ministry
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What’s the difference between a fan of Jesus and a follower of Jesus?
- Read Matthew 22:37-38. How well do you do at following this command? Explain your answer.
- Is there any unrepentant sin in your life that would disqualify you from being a student leader? If so, talk about it with your mentor. (It’s always better to deal with in the present than to wait for the future).
- Why do you want to be a student group leader? Be honest with your answer.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Student Ministry 101 series.