Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
If you want to have a great small group, there are a few ground rules that you need to follow. These will help you to treat each other with love and respect, and above all, to build trust in your group.
- Don’t pretend that you’re perfect.
- Don’t try to fix each other.
- Don’t be afraid of silence.
- Use “I” statements.
- No side conversations.
- Keep it confidential.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (ESV) Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Which of these ground rules do you find hardest to follow, and why?
- Which one do you think is most important, and why?
- What happens in a group when confidentiality is not respected?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.