Every great leader wants to improve. That happens with honest evaluation. This worksheet will help you assess the health of your group based on the most important elements of small group success.
How to use the Feedback Form
The Small Group Feedback Form can be used by leaders and group members to regularly to keep track of the group’s progress toward maturity in the key areas of small group health. The two main boxes correspond to the principles outlined in Small Group Training. Each of the eight sub-boxes focuses on one aspect of those principles. Evaluate how your group is doing for each line, with 1 representing “Needs significant improvement” and 10 representing “Things are ideal”.
Who should use the Feedback Form
Use this tool with your leadership team. At first, do it together so everyone understands the questions. Later, assign team members to take independently at home, then compare notes when you meet. This will help them remember what matters most in small groups. Then use it in conjunction with the Team Meeting Planner and Small Group Playbook to lead your team in developing plans for improvement.
From time to time, give the Feedback Form to the whole small group. This will help them better understand the goals of the group. Be prepared for an opportunity to explain and cast vision. Also, input from the group will help you lead better. This is the purpose of the Feedback Form: to help you and your team develop a plan to get better as a group.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how comfortable are you doing assessment of your group? Explain your response.
- Do you agree that the Feedback Form measures the most important principles of small group health? Why or why not?
- What would you add to or subtract from this tool, and why?
- Discuss the pros and cons of letting the whole small group fill out the Feedback Form.
- How often do you think a small group leadership team should use the Feedback Form?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
- [How to: Use pursueGOD.org in your life]
- [How to: Download a video]
- [How to: Download an article]
- [Related Resource: Small Group Feedback Form (pdf)]
- [Related Topic: Small Group Training]
- [Related Resource: How to Use Your Team Meeting Planner]
- [Related Resource: How to Use Your Small Group Playbook]