Pastor John Piper shares about how to use video preaching to keep your multi-site campus unified.
- The “win” of video teaching is the unifying effect of the ministry of God’s Word to the entire congregation.
- The “loss” of video teaching is that the teacher can’t see many of the people who are hearing the message. The preacher can’t read the response of the people when he’s on video.
- There are benefits of a multi-site strategy versus a mega-church strategy, but the teaching element has to be evaluated.
- God is big enough to use video preaching. The power of preaching is unstoppable by the medium.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Make your own list of the pros and cons of video teaching.
- Besides video teaching, what are the other options for multi-site preaching? What are the pros and cons of those options?
- At your church, which groups of people will (or do) like video teaching, and why? Which groups will not (or don’t) like the idea?
- At the end of the day, who gets to decide whether your church will use video teaching? What is the process?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.