Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Get the most out of your small group or mentoring time by preparing for your conversation ahead of time. Here are four simple tips...
- Tip #1: Watch the video.
- Tip #2: Follow the links.
- Tip #3: Take some notes.
- Tip #4: Preview the discussion questions.
Don’t forget that you’ll only get out of your group or mentor meeting what you put into it.
See Also: Mentoring
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Why is conversation a valuable way to learn something new?
- Do you agree that talking about new ideas is better than just studying them on your own? Explain.
- Do you ever prepare yourself for other life conversations (at home, at school, at work, etc.)? If so, how do you do it? What are some ways you find this valuable?
- In marriage, we believe healthy couples keep talking. Do you agree with this? Do you think it’s true in other relationships and groups? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.