Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
See the original article for this topic on DesiringGod.org.
- The first trait of preaching is seriousness.
- The preached word is defined contextually by scripture.
- Preach scripture, not parts of scripture.
- Preaching is heralding, not just teaching—the Greek kerusso means “proclaim.”
- Preaching is for every season of the church and of the preacher.
- Preaching is for the church.
- Preaching condemns wrong attitudes and behaviors as wrong.
- Preaching draws attention to the seriousness of the problem being rebuked.
- Preaching spiritually encourages the people to repent.
- Preaching must be patient.
- Preaching must employ explanations.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
See Also: Preaching