Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
- Preaching is about explaining or applying the meaning of the Bible. The Bible is God’s word – profitable, inspired, and infallible.
- The preacher’s job is to minimize his own opinions and to explain what the Bible says and how it applies to people’s lives.
- The aim of expository preaching is to help us digest biblical truth that will strengthen our “spiritual bones.” We will experience greater spiritual joy when we truly grow from God’s word.
- The preacher does not just explain what’s in the Bible, rather, the preacher exult over the word of God. Good preaching does not follow the time of worship, but it is a time of worship.
- Our job is not merely to see truth and show it – Satan could do this. The preacher’s job is to see and savor the glory of the truth of God’s word. This is one of the differences between a sermon and a lecture.
- The Church is a body of people who follow Jesus and minister to one another using their various spiritual gifts.
2 Timothy 2:1-2 Timothy, my dear son, be strong through the grace that God gives you in Christ Jesus. You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.
See Also: Preaching