Before you join the operations team, you need to be clear on two basic commitments we’re asking you to make. Signing off on these commitments will keep you and your team leader on the same page, moving forward together to accomplish your team mission. Here are the two commitments:
- Do your job. Your basic commitment is pretty simple – to accomplish your task every week or month as a team member. We know you’re just a volunteer, so you’re not getting paid to server. But please make every effort to stick to your commitment while you’re on the team. And if you need a break or a substitute, please tell your team leader as soon as possible.
- Meet with your mentor. Our teams depend on a simple system of mentoring to keep everyone on the same page and moving forward together. You may meet weekly, monthly, or quarterly with your mentor – and it might be in person or on the phone. Whatever the case, please make a commitment to these mentoring conversations while you’re serving on the team.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Why is it important to be aware of your commitment before joining a team?
- What commitments do you hope your team makes to you?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.