Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more
When you serve at church, do you think of yourself as a renter or an owner? The way you answer this question makes all the difference.
- Renter or owner?
- Owners take initiative.
- Owners work hard.
- Owners are humble.
Galatians 5:13 Use your freedom to serve one another in love.
See Also: Volunteers
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Have you ever been a part of a team or project that accomplished something great? Why did you enjoy being part of that team or project?
- Describe the differences between renters and owners.
- Share some examples of when you have taken initiative at work or when you were part of a team of people.
- Read Romans 12:11. How does knowing that you are serving the Lord affect the way you serve at church?
- Read Philippians 2:3 How will you know when you have the right attitude while serving at church?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Operations Training series.