Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
The ministry training series at PGN are designed to help you create a discipleship culture from the inside out.
- The goal of our 101 training series is to train on a specific ministry (worship teams, student ministry, etc.) and on a mentoring method.
- Your ministry teams at church are a simple way to start scaling your discipleship culture.
- Try starting with workshops and then later use handoffs within your teams. For best results, start tracking your mentoring on your ministry teams.
Ephesians 4:11-12 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Make a list of your ministry teams at church. Which ones are the strongest? Which ones need help?
- Take a look at Worship Teams 101. How do these 10 topics (a) train people for ministry and (b) model our mentoring method?
- Choose one or two of your ministry teams that you think would most readily benefit from one of our 101 training series. Why did you pick those teams?
- Develop a clear plan for bringing the appropriate 101 training series to your selected ministry team leaders. Will you recommend using a workshop for that team? Explain.
- Talk about how you will track the mentoring relationships on each of these ministry teams. How will you connect these newly trained mentors to meet the greater disciple-making need in your church or community?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Pastoring 101 series.