Creating a dynamic large group time is important to the overall kids church experience and it starts with the large group leader.
- Large group should be fun. You can sing songs and watch story video as a group. It’s a nice change of pace from just having kids in a classroom sitting and working. Large group offers a different pace and energy that helps break up time that might become monotonous.
- The role of the large group leader is to help create a fun environment. You interact with the kids and help to highlight the key elements of the lesson.
- Leaders need to come prepared. You need to read through your script in advance and have a grasp on where the lesson is going. See the video below on how to use the large group script.
- Worship doesn’t have to be a part of the large group time but it is a great addition to the large group experience. You don’t have to have a great voice or even know how to dance. All you need to do is demonstrate an excitement to sing songs to God.
- If your church decides to add worship, you have to buy those songs on your own. (See Worshiphouse Kids.)
Large group can be a great addition to your kids church ministry. As the leader of this time, come prepared and with a heart that’s excited to teach kids about Jesus!
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What excites you about being a large group leader? What makes you nervous?
- What is likely to happen if you don’t come prepared to lead?
- What are some things a large group leader can do to create energy and excitement for kids?
- How do you feel about leading a time of worship?
- Watch the video on how to use the large group script and discuss any questions with your KC director.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.