The Kids Church time is designed to spark a conversation that will continue at home. The ultimate goal is to get families talking about what they learned throughout the week. Kids Church volunteers are crucial to making this happen and why they need to understand the third principle: Partner with parents.
Church just gets the conversation started
Most of the KC curriculum is integrated with what the sermons are for adults, it’s just the kids edition. Here’s the goal: we want families to talk more at home. If everyone is learning the same thing, it’s much easier for parents to follow up with their kids at home.
Encourage families to use the family guide
A great way to partner with parents is to point them to the weekly kid and parent guide they can use at home. They can go online and watch the kid’s video for the week and answer the questions together. There are also bonus verses for each week along with the memory verse.
The goal: Get more of God’s truth in the lives of families
You can’t survive by just eating one meal a week. It’s the same thing in your spiritual lives. You can’t grow in your relationship with God if you only think about Him once a week at church. Families need to bring God into their lives, throughout the week. Using pursueGOD resources can help them to accomplish that.
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Who had the greatest influence in your spiritual development?
- Why is it important to get parents more involved?
- Why is it important to get families talking about God’s word at home?
- What are some ways you can encourage families to use the kid and parent guide at home?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?