Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
The third principle for Kids' Church leaders is about the end goal: to get families talking about what they learned at home, because parents are the real pastors.
- Church just gets the conversation started.
- Encourage families to use the family guide.
- The goal: Get more of God’s truth in the lives of families.
Kids’ chruch is designed to spark a conversation that will continue at home. The ultimate goal is to get families talking about what they learned throughout the week. Kids Church volunteers are crucial to making this happen and why they need to understand the third principle: Partner with parents.
See Also: Student Ministry
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Who had the greatest influence in your spiritual development?
- Why is it important to get parents more involved?
- Why is it important to get families talking about God’s word at home?
- What are some ways you can encourage families to use the kid and parent guide at home?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.