Kids learn best in an environment that’s fun and engaging. Every Kids Church leader and volunteer should make a commitment to the second principle for Kids Church: Lead with energy.
The entire experience should be fun
It starts with a smile. Volunteers should be full of energy as they engage with kids. If the volunteers are flat and boring, so will the kids. You should model for the kids the right attitude toward church- that it’s always fun to learn about Jesus!
Model a heart of worship
Don’t be afraid to sing with enthusiasm. Model for kids that worshipping God is a privilege and we should give our whole heart to it. If you don’t participate in worship, the kids won’t either. They will follow your lead.
Come prepared every week
You can’t lead with energy and excitement if you have no idea what the lesson is about. Make sure to prepare each week’s lesson ahead of time. Read through the lesson and have some of your own life examples to share when appropriate. Lack of preparation will greatly affect the quality of the experience for kids. The curriculum is easy to use and easy to follow. Do your part by coming prepared and ready to lead.
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Describe the best teacher you ever had. What made them great? Describe the worst teacher you ever had. What made them terrible?
- What are some ways to engage with the kids in an energetic, fun way?
- What might you be communicating to kids if you don’t participate in worship?
- What happens when teachers aren’t prepared to teach? Share some helpful tips for preparing your lesson each week.
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?