Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Our first Kids' Church principle is all about safety. Every family should have full confidence that we provide a secure and safe environment for their children to learn about Jesus.
- Safety starts with a good first impression.
- Safety is based on policies and procedures.
- Safety frees volunteers to serve with confidence.
Every family should have full confidence that we provide a secure and safe environment for their children to learn about Jesus.
See Also: Volunteers
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What experiences (good and bad) have you had with churches or Kids Church volunteers? What things did you notice that excited you or turned you off?
- What are some conclusions parents might draw if they see a messy, disorganized classroom? What are they likely to think about a structured and clean classroom?
- Why are policies important for safety in a church setting?
- Why is it important to have good classroom management?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.