Use these three questions in your small group to do a quick “full circle” check-up.
- Are you sure that your small group is winning? Your group should be about more than just attendance or excitement. Groups win when they help people go “full circle”: trusting Jesus, honoring God, and helping others (through mentoring).
- Has your small group just become another church service? Sunday you gather and hear someone preach; is that what’s happening at small group as well?
- Is everyone stuck at Step 2? That means everyone is trying hard to honor God in their habits and lifestyle. That’s the default position for many small groups and Bible studies. That’s good, but it’s not great.
Really winning is about going “full circle” as a disciple. And that means everyone is getting out there and making disciples, inspired and equipped through the group itself. Is that happening?
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- How do small groups or Bible studies typically determine whether they’re “winning”? How does a PG small group define the win?
- Look at the PG circle. Where do you stand on there personally? How many of you are “stuck” at Truth 2?
- Who is ready in your group to get to the third thing and start mentoring? Brainstorm as a group how you will help each other do that, and try to come up with some actual names of people you can start mentoring (kids, neighbors, new believers at church). See also: How to Help Someone Pursue God
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.