Writing a topic for one of our pursueGOD websites? Be sure to use the 3 C's to make it a great conversation starter.
- A topic on our site has five elements: title, excerpt, talking points, scripture, and discussion questions.
- Be clear – make sure it connects, from top to bottom. This will take some practice at first, but it’s a skill you can learn.
- Be concise – remember that you’re just providing a framework for a conversation. Give them the track to run on, and be done. Ephesians 4:12
- Be compelling – ask yourself why someone would want to talk about this. Leave them with plenty of nuggets to make their conversation great.
See Also: Partners
Talk About It
- What jumped out at you on this topic?
- Give an example of a book or movie whose plot was unclear and poorly thought out. Have you experienced that with one of our topics online? Explain.
- What happens to the conversation when there are too many talking points? In your opinion, how many should there be, and how many sentences are enough for each point?
- What makes a topic compelling? Make a list.
- Watch this video and write up the topic’s title, excerpt, and talking points.
- Compare your studio doc with the official post for this topic. How did you do?
- Now try writing discussion questions for this topic. Compare your questions with the official version.