One of the goals of Christianity is to go “full circle” in your pursuit of God. We get the idea of a full circle Christian from our Foundations series. Let’s look at the win that comes from each step in a pursuit of God.
- Win #1: Who have we helped to trust Jesus? Take look every month to see who you have helped in your church or small group to trust Jesus. Find out who has started their relationship with God with your help. These wins may be seen through baptisms or growth in church membership.
- Win #2: Who have we helped to honor God? As Christians we should live to honor God. Look for the people who now have more spiritual discipline, victory over sin, or more evident fruits of the spirit in their life. This is a win because these people are now honoring God more because you have equipped them to do so. You can only honor God if you know what he wants, and a spiritual leader you have to help people to realize that.
- Win #3: The way we grow is by helping others. This is the one that most people miss. This is the final step in a full circle pursuit of God. The only way you can fully mature as a Christian is by helping other people to start their pursuit of God and to see the truth that comes from him. The best way to do this is through mentoring or small groups. Missing this step can make it so you ministry has no future. If you don’t reproduce yourself and build up someone else to do your responsibility, then your ministry will end once you are gone.
Now that you know what the win in for each step in a pursuit of God, go help other reach those wins. Help other to become “full circle” Christians and reach their full potential in Christ.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What do you consider a “win” at church? Make a list.
- Are you “winning” in any of the three areas above? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.