The resources in our library are not just designed for personal use. If you’re already a follower of Jesus, you can use these tools to help someone else pursue God. Here’s how:
Look around you. Start helping people you already know and love. It doesn’t take a spiritual expert to use our resources. Make yourself available to a few people who could use your help, and then get ready to make an impact on their lives.
Speak truth in love
Conversations are powerful. That’s what our resources are about. Pick a topic, connect with others, and start speaking truth in love. And remember: every person’s journey toward God is different. If you truly want to help someone pursue God, you’ll have to learn to speak the right truth at the right time.
Keep moving forward
There will be ups and downs, for you and for others. If you mess up, pick each other up. Be gracious and forgiving. But challenge one another to keep moving forward, learning together how to trust Jesus, honor God, and help others.
Ephesians 4:14-15 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What are some topics you’re interested in learning about? Which topics are interesting to the people around you – especially people who are not yet pursuing God?
- In your own words, describe what it means to “speak truth in love”.
- Do you feel qualified to help someone pursue God? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.