Roll out a discipleship culture by training your "first wave" of mentors. Here's how to do it.
- Choose the most appropriate Start Page. Use your ministries Partner Page if you have one.
- Bring them through Topics 10-12 in “The Pursuit”. These are the core training topics that they will eventually use when they make disciples.
- Now let them practice on you with Topics 1-9. This lets them see how the resources work and it lets you give them feedback.
- Cover additional training topics as needed, and then empower them to make disciples in the same way you discipled them.
Talk About It
- What jumped out at you in this topic?
- Who is in your “first wave” of mentors? Why did you pick them?
- “The way you mentor matters.” Explain this.
- In your own words, summarize Topics 10-12 from The Pursuit.
- How long do you think you’ll take to cover Topics 1-9 (and additional training topics) with your trainee?
- What do you think will be the biggest roadblock to keep your trainee from actually making disciples?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
Find this topic in Partners.