Recruiting volunteers is hard. Pastor John Belles gives practical advice for those who want to do it better.
- Don’t just rely on announcements. Recruiting happens best through personal invitation.
- Present serving as an “opportunity” and not just a desperate need. Everyone matures when volunteers get in the game. Ephesians 4:16
- Pay particular attention to those who have the most margin in their lives: empty nesters, retirees, and young adults.
Talk About It
- What jumped out at you in this topic?
- What are your biggest volunteer needs at church? Make a list.
- What type of recruiting has worked for you in the past? Is it still working? Why or why not?
- Which demographic is most active in your church right now? Which demographic do you need to recruit harder?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
Find this topic in Pastors.