Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor.
Your sermons can be even more powerful if you learn to preach them in 15 minutes. Our resources online will help you to do it.
- Set up the sermon. (5 minutes)
- Choose a related video to show. (5-10 minutes)
- Preach a shorter sermon. (15 minutes)
1 Corinthians 12:4-6 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you think your congregation would like shorter sermons? What about visitors?
- List the pros and cons of preaching shorter sermons on occasion.
- Identify a few lay teachers who would be comfortable preaching a 15-minute sermon. Do you think they could do it?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.