Kicking of a mentoring culture within your church may seem like a daunting task. So here are 3 tips to help you lay the foundation for mentoring within your church.
- Schedule a 3 hour seminar. Use this seminar to begin equipping your mentors with the proper tools. Get familiar with pursueGod and all of the resources we have to offer. The best place to start is in the mentor training series.
- Take the Mentor Training series. This should be your first step in preparing your mentors to go out and begin their mentoring relationships. This series will teach you all about what relational discipleship is and why it is important. It is will also be helpful for your team to go through the related topics to really get a grip on how to use the resources we provide in order to empower conversations.
- Deploy catalysts. Once you have a group of people that feeling equipped and prepared you can begin your mentoring ministry. Your catalysts will be the people who initiate the very first mentoring relationships, laying the foundation for your ministry. From here the people they are mentoring will move on to mentor others.
Creating a strong discipleship culture within your church may take awhile, but don’t be discouraged. Continue to equip and send out mentors within your church. Over time you will see the mentoring culture within your church grow exponentially.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Do you think a mentoring ministry would work at your church? Why or why not?
- Make a list of your “catalysts” at church. Invite them to a kick off seminar.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.