Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Assessing yourself and the people you are mentoring will help you - and them - to move forward in pursuing God.
- Choose the assessment tool.
- Summarize the principles.
- Assess with 3 questions.
Remember that no one can pursue God for you. Make assessment a monthly habit to help yourself or someone else move forward in every area of life.
See Also: Pastoral Ministry
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some advantages that come from regular self-assessment?
- Why is it worthwhile to take some time to evaluate the people you’re helping to pursue God?
- Point three suggests three key questions to ask to assess yourself and the people you are mentoring. Can you think of other relevant questions?
- As you evaluate the lives of others, how can you keep from becoming arrogant, judgmental, or frustrated with others?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.