Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more.
- In a fallen world, we should expect people to struggle with anxiety and depression.
- Humility is a key to ministering to those who struggle.
- God meets us in our struggles and he is sovereign over our struggles.
- The church often seeks the quick fix and the pat answers, but this is not always how life works or how God works.
- We must be clear about what our goals are when as it concerns ministering to those with depression/anxiety.
- We must avoid looking at people as “problems to fix.” God gives us hope through our struggles. He does not promise to remove us from all struggles or to give us perfect mental and physical health in this life.
- We must avoid quick fixes or trying to provide the Christian version of a magic pill when we are ministering to those who struggle with depression and anxiety.
Jesus did not come to explain away suffering, or to remove it. He came to fill it with His presence. -Paul Claudel