Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Praying together can be a powerful experience for a small group. But group members are often uncomfortable praying aloud. Here's how you can help develop a common prayer life as a group.
- Understand people’s hesitation.
- Teach on prayer.
- Set the right example.
- Create simple steps.
Matthew 18:19 Jesus said, “If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.”
See Also: Prayer Ministry
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you remember the first time you prayed out loud in a group? What happened and how did you feel?
- What are the benefits of praying aloud for each other in a small group?
- What are some reasons why people hesitate to pray aloud in groups?
- How can you help people in your group take some next steps toward participating in group prayer?
- What should you do if some members of your group just don’t want to pray out loud?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.