The first box helps you “take the temperature” or evaluate how your group is doing in five key areas that lead up to reproducing. Do this evaluation with your team – and even with the group as a whole – on a regular basis.
The second box helps you define actions steps based on that evaluation. Choose one action step every time your team meets, then talk about the progress you made.
The third box helps you think about how to divide the group internally. This is an important way to help prepare the group by getting used to not just being one large group together all the time.
The fourth box walks through the final issues you will face in last few weeks before the new group is launched.
Again, use the tool monthly with team leaders. Start early in the life of your group so you always keep the end goal in mind. Also use it with your coach to help your coach understand the progress you are making. The worksheet will help your group achieve its win: not only to lead individuals to go full circle in their pursuit of God, but to also go full circle as a group.
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Why do small group leaders need to be intentional about guiding a group through the reproducing process?
- Explain how each element under “Take The Group’s Temperature” contributes toward being ready to reproduce.
- Why is it important to start think about and planning for reproducing the group long before it actually happens?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.