Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
This is a stand-alone sermon for the end of the year. Download the sermon slides or view the sermon manuscript.
Commit to reading the Bible every day to understand its power for your life.
- God’s word can give you a successful life. (Joshua 1:8.)
- Read God’s word each day.
- Think deeply about what God’s word means for you.
- Do what God’s word says to have a successful life. (James 1:22.)
Joshua 1:8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
See Also: Sermon Series
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What is your favorite book or story? Why do you like it so much?
- Read Joshua 1:8. List ten observations about this verse. For example, what are the commands in this verse? What are the promises of this verse? What is the meaning of the key words in this verse? Does this verse remind you of other verses in the Bible?
- Do you agree that the Bible can guide you in every area of your life? Why or why not?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. What else does this passage teach us about what the Bible can do in your life?
- Have you ever had the Bible change your views on an issue? Explain.
- Make a list of some ways that you can meditate on verses in the Bible.
- How might memorizing verses in the Bible help you to understand it more deeply?
- Read James 1:22. What is the danger of studying the Bible but failing to do what it says?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.