Everyone needs encouragement from time to time. Everyone likes to hear, “well done”. God wants us to encourage each other because He knows that affirmation breathes life into each of us. Romans 12:10 says, “Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.” One of the best things you can do for your team is be an encourager. There are hundreds of ways to encourage someone. Here are a few.
- Become aware of what encourages you, and do those same for others.
- Tell people how they’ve encouraged you!
- If an encouraging thought comes to mind, share it! Don’t wait.
- When you introduce someone, add a few words of praise for the person’s abilities, accomplishments, or about how they’ve helped.
- Share a specific truth or verse with someone.
- When someone is discouraged or hurting, offer specific, practical help.
- Make celebration a more regular part of your team meetings.
- Write someone a note to tell them that you’re praying for them.
- Offer to spend time with someone. Just being there is encouraging!
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.