Watch the video above and talk about it with a group or mentor. Learn more
If you equip people without providing platforms for them to minister, you'll frustrate and run off your best people.
- To the degree we equip people, we must empower them.
- When the Holy Spirit empowers us, the result is an ability to make disciples. Acts 1:8
- As long as you stay one chapter ahead, you’re qualified to disciple someone behind you.
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What happens when you equip someone without empowering them? How are they likely to respond?
- What happens when you empower someone without properly equipping them? What damage can that cause to others?
- Read Acts 1:8. According to this verse, what is the sign of the Holy Spirit in a believer’s life? Have you seen evidence of this in your own life?
- Some churches embrace Holy Spirit mysticism (tongues, signs and wonders, etc) while missing Holy Spirit mission (going and making disciples). Why do you think this happens?
- Who are you discipling right now? Are you one chapter ahead of them, or have they passed you up? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This topic is in the Wikichurch series.