Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Imagine a church where everyone is equipped and empowered to help people pursue God.
- Everyone is “in the game.”
- Everyone uses the same system.
- Mentoring benefits every environment.
- Mentoring extends beyond the church walls.
The healthiest churches have a discipleship (mentoring) culture where everyone is equipped and empowered to help people pursue God.
See Also: Discipleship Culture
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- How would you define a “healthy church”? Make a list.
- Try to articulate your current strategy for making disciples. Based on that strategy, how long will it take to create a discipleship culture in your church?
- How many people are actively discipling (or mentoring) others in your church? Are you satisfied with that number?
- What would a mentoring culture look like with kids, youth, worship, men’s/women’s, small groups, etc? How does this look similar/different to more traditional church structures?
- Give your church a grade on evangelism. What is the typical way for someone to come to faith at your church?
- Do you think the pursueGOD system can help your church? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.