Just learning about the pursueGOD discipleship resources? Discuss this topic with your leadership team or consultant.
- Most churches today are built to create consumers, not disciple-makers. As a result, most people don’t receive the shepherding they need. Matthew 9:35-38
- An Ephesians 4 church is one where pastors equip and people make disciples (ie, shepherd others). They don’t just talk about disciple-making, they actually do it. Ephesians 4:11-16
- To be the church Jesus envisioned, we must empower our people with a strategy that’s simple and reproducible. That’s why we’ve created our tools and made them available for free to churches everywhere. 1 Corinthians 11:1
Talk About It
- How would you define a “healthy church”? Make a list.
- Try to articulate your current strategy for making disciples. How many leaders in your church can articulate the strategy? How many attenders can articulate it? How many people are actively involved in it?
- Read Matthew 9:35-38. How many people in your church listen to a sermon on an average week? How many people go away with someone to shepherd them?
- Examine Ephesians 4:11-16. According to this passage, what happens to a church where everyone makes disciples? Why do you think that happens?
- Do you think the pursueGOD strategy can help your church? Why or why not?
- Click here to request a consultant or for more information about joining the PursueGOD Network.
Find this topic in Pastors.
See also the Sermon Series based on this topic.