Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Take a look at some important factors that help or hinder the relational comfort and trust in your group.
- Set the tone.
- Work through the awkwardness.
- Don’t be weird.
A great relational environment allows people to discover and share God’s truth together.
See Also: Series for Small Groups
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe a time when you experienced an awkward relational environment – in a small group or elsewhere. What happened?
- How does a group’s relational environment help or hinder people’s spiritual growth?
- What are some practical steps a group leader can take to create a good relational environment?
- What are some things a group leader might do that undermine the relational environment of the group?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.