Watch the video above and talk about it with your group or mentor. Learn more.
Wise planning helps group members celebrate new groups, even though they may be separated from friends.
- Recognize the challenge.
- Help people see the bigger win.
- Share positive images of multiplication.
- Make a big deal out of it.
- Have a commissioning ceremony.
- Celebrate it in public.
- Have a family reunion.
Birthing a new group can be hard on people because they don’t want to lose friendships. So when your small group launches a new group, careful planning can help the group celebrate it as a milestone rather than mourn it as a loss.
See Also: Series for Small Groups
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Talk about how church leaders and small group members might look differently at the idea of reproducing groups.
- How can you help group members see a new group as a bigger win than existing relationships?
- The video mentions birth and marriage. Can you think of other images that put launching a new group in a good light?
- What are some specific ways to celebrate and make a big deal out of a new group launch?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.